Photo problems

Suggestions and comments about SummitPost's features, policies, and procedures. Post bugs here.
User Avatar
Scott
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 8431
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2003 1:03 pm
Thanked: 1173 times in 620 posts

Photo problems

by Scott » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:11 pm

Whenever I add a photo with the title and caption information, the caption and title disappears and it shows up as un-named photo. It makes adding photos much more time consuming than it used to be since you have to edit each photo multiple times. Is there a way around this?

User Avatar
Matt Miller
Site Admin
 
Posts: 578
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:44 pm
Thanked: 190 times in 131 posts

Re: Photo problems

by Matt Miller » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:46 pm

Which way are you adding the photos? New uploader? Create a page (one photo at a time)?

User Avatar
Scott
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 8431
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2003 1:03 pm
Thanked: 1173 times in 620 posts

Re: Photo problems

by Scott » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:06 am

Creating them individually directly into a page (trip report). I've found it's the only(?) way to get the photos to line up properly.

User Avatar
Scott
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 8431
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2003 1:03 pm
Thanked: 1173 times in 620 posts

Re: Photo problems

by Scott » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:40 pm

Still having major problems. When I add a photo, a lot of times it over rides the previous photo.

It used to take me an hour to make a page or trip report. Now it takes days. Or weeks. Just for one page. :(

User Avatar
Scott
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 8431
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2003 1:03 pm
Thanked: 1173 times in 620 posts

Re: Photo problems

by Scott » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:49 pm

Is there a reason why I can't add captions at all anymore to the photos that don't have captions?

https://www.summitpost.org/alps-for-graduation/1041320

Also, now when you click on any photos it doesn't go to the full size photo? What changed?

User Avatar
Scott
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 8431
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2003 1:03 pm
Thanked: 1173 times in 620 posts

Re: Photo problems

by Scott » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:15 pm

Also one I try to edit once caption it replaces another caption from a completely unrelated photo.

User Avatar
Josh Lewis

 
Posts: 3359
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:12 pm
Thanked: 1045 times in 644 posts

Re: Photo problems

by Josh Lewis » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:39 pm

Scott's correct that the new, old, and ancient editor do not allow for editing photo captions except for one scenario in the new editor which is to highlight the photo and select "image" which can be done via right click or the editor buttons:

edit caption.png
edit caption.png (30.1 KiB) Viewed 273 times


The old editor (Redactor, debuting in 2013) was perhaps the best editor. Maybe not 100% stable but became pretty decent in 2014.

User Avatar
Scott
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 8431
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2003 1:03 pm
Thanked: 1173 times in 620 posts

Re: Photo problems

by Scott » Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:00 am

Josh Lewis wrote:Scott's correct that the new, old, and ancient editor do not allow for editing photo captions except for one scenario in the new editor which is to highlight the photo and select "image" which can be done via right click or the editor buttons:

edit caption.png


The old editor (Redactor, debuting in 2013) was perhaps the best editor. Maybe not 100% stable but became pretty decent in 2014.


The above edit caption box doesn't work either. It adds the caption to a completely different photo. Try it using the linked page.

User Avatar
Josh Lewis

 
Posts: 3359
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:12 pm
Thanked: 1045 times in 644 posts

Re: Photo problems

by Josh Lewis » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:11 am

Scott wrote:The above edit caption box doesn't work either. It adds the caption to a completely different photo. Try it using the linked page.


Tested again on the first photo of your page with success. I highlight the image, click the image icon, and then edit the text in "Image description" field. It works but is the only working scenario and is more work per image which will discourage quality captions.

User Avatar
Scott
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 8431
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2003 1:03 pm
Thanked: 1173 times in 620 posts

Re: Photo problems

by Scott » Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:10 am

Josh Lewis wrote:
Scott wrote:The above edit caption box doesn't work either. It adds the caption to a completely different photo. Try it using the linked page.


Tested again on the first photo of your page with success. I highlight the image, click the image icon, and then edit the text in "Image description" field. It works but is the only working scenario and is more work per image which will discourage quality captions.


Try the photos that have no captions. I can't add any.

User Avatar
Josh Lewis

 
Posts: 3359
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:12 pm
Thanked: 1045 times in 644 posts

Re: Photo problems

by Josh Lewis » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:51 pm

Indeed it is as you say. :?


Return to Site Feedback

 


  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests