Covid 19

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Washington and Oregon. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Pacific Northwest Climbing Partners section.
Norman

Covid 19

by Norman » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:15 pm

Anyone in the mountains during our "isolation"?

Norman

Re: Covid 19

by Norman » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:53 pm

technicolorNH

Re: Covid 19

by technicolorNH » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:08 am

I've been out several times in southern NH the past few weeks, deliberately picking out less popular mountains to hike on. Mount Major in the Lakes region had something like 100 cars parked at the trailhead at the same time on Saturday the 28th, so that's NOT what they want people to do. Some of the lowland trails are just inundated with people, but at the same time if a moderate elevation trail covered with ice sees mild action everyone monkey gripping the same trees on the slippery sections isn't a good idea either. I've been successful in getting out and having fun but I'm picking my hikes very carefully and not stopping anywhere for food or drinks. Sterilizing the keypad on the pump and using a glove on the handle doesn't take too long though, and fortunately I have not gained any (more) weight. I need all the cardio I can get!

Return to Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)