"Forbidden" error?

Post general questions and discuss issues related to climbing.
RobSC

"Forbidden" error?

by RobSC » Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:13 am

Has anyone gotten a "403 Forbidden" error when accessing Summitpost? I was using my normal home google account and accessed the site one minute. The very next minute it told me "403 Forbidden" and I have not been able to get into Summitpost again from that account. I'm unsure why it changed and why I can't access the site using that account but still can using my other (school) account which I don't wnat to use as it is a school account. Rob

The following user would like to thank RobSC for this post
Silvia Mazzani

Marmaduke

Re: "Forbidden" error?

by Marmaduke » Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:30 pm

Many months ago I had the same problem. I was told to clear cookies and reboot. I did and no luck, I was then told to try a different browser. I did that and it worked for awhile. Ten same problem. I went to yet another browser and that worked but I need a new laptop and then went back to Microsoft Edge again and now for 6 months all is good. I know that doesn't give you answers but information that might help.

The following user would like to thank Marmaduke for this post
alpinbeta, Silvia Mazzani

Scott
Forum Moderator

by Scott » Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:26 am

I get the same error on a desktop with Chrome. It works on Edge, but SP won't work on Chrome anymore.

T. White
Forum Moderator

by T. White » Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:24 pm

Scott wrote:I get the same error on a desktop with Chrome. It works on Edge, but SP won't work on Chrome anymore.

I just started getting this error with Safari on multiple ISPs.

livioz

by livioz » Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:22 am

Sometimes I get the "forbidden" error trying to add a new image directly to certain pages. In a second time, the image, however added to Sp, can be attached to the specific page.

Return to General