Aconcagua post by Laku

Report bad submissions here in order to get them detached by the community. Also, post challenges to existing pages.
utahjimk

Aconcagua post by Laku

by utahjimk » Sat Feb 04, 2023 2:20 pm

This post seems to be simply an attack on a commercial guide service. The complaint is filled with grammatical errors, which leads me to believe that the poster uses English as a 2nd language. Yet one of their complaints about the guides is their lack of English usage.
Last edited by utahjimk on Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ZeeJay
Forum Moderator

Re: Aconcagua post by Laku

by ZeeJay » Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:21 pm

Yeah, I saw that. I left it because I think the info could be generally useful. I don't mind at all if some other elf disagrees and marks it for deletion. You could "PM the elves" and the site owner will see it and perhaps delete it.

Alberto Rampini

by Alberto Rampini » Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:07 pm

I agree with ZeeJay, the post might be helpful!

T. White
Forum Moderator

by T. White » Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:17 am

utahjimk wrote:The complaint is filled with grammatical errors, which leads me not to believe that the poster uses English as a 2nd language. Yet one of their complaints about the guides is their lack of English usage.

English is the lingua franca of tourism, and this guiding service's website advertises to potential clients worldwide. It's reasonable for an overseas climber to expect some English ability from their guides.

utahjimk

by utahjimk » Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:22 pm

The post does seem to address things beyond the control or responsibility of a commercial guide service. I don't know how the mountain is administered, but are the guides responsible for cleaning or stocking the latrines? Stuff like that makes the post seem shrill.

Return to Bad Submissions