For moderators of mountain pages.

Suggestions and comments about SummitPost's features, policies, and procedures. Post bugs here.
Humphrey

For moderators of mountain pages.

by Humphrey » Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:14 pm

https://www.summitpost.org/view_object. ... irm_post=7

For Gavilan Peak, a comment was left last night stating it is on Private Property. I followed the link in the comment and found that an individual is claiming to be the landowner for the summit and this checks out on the Maricopa County Tax Assessor Website.

I have removed driving directions from the page and left a section stating that Gavilan is private and anyone interested in summiting should contact the owner, which I list on the page. His contact information is a mailing address and is public information, which he urged people to verify in a comment on another site.

I do not think I wrote the page Gavilan Peak and believe I inherited it long ago. I haven't even been on it on over a decade. Probably, my last time on it was in early 2011. Therefore, I am turning this over to the moderators for their decision to either remove or keep the page in the current form. I found no way to contact "The Team" other than the forum. I am not going to delete the page without being contacted by the owner directly, and instead made the current change.

ZeeJay
Forum Moderator

Re: For moderators of mountain pages.

by ZeeJay » Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:55 pm

Sounds good to me. If you don't want your name associated with it, I could move it to the orphanage.

The following user would like to thank ZeeJay for this post
Josh Lewis

Return to Site Feedback