Yosemite Mist Trail

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Golden State. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the California Climbing Partners forum.
Alpinist

Yosemite Mist Trail

by Alpinist » Tue May 23, 2023 2:08 pm

Yosemite’s Mist Trail is getting a $5M improvement. Construction work is scheduled for 2025-2026.

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2023-05-22/yosemite-national-park-mist-trail-upgrade-donation

The following user would like to thank Alpinist for this post
T. White

T. White
Forum Moderator

Re: Yosemite Mist Trail

by T. White » Tue May 23, 2023 7:16 pm

Because Yosemite needs more signage and handrails... (Sorry, I'm salty.)

phydeux

by phydeux » Tue May 23, 2023 8:33 pm

T. White wrote:Because Yosemite needs more signage and handrails... (Sorry, I'm salty.)

You and me. I stopped going to the Valley years ago as it was just getting more and more crowded. There always seemed to be a reason to install more safety-straps and handrails when the real problem is too many "hold my beer' visitors doing dumb things.

Alpinist

by Alpinist » Tue May 23, 2023 9:47 pm

phydeux wrote:
T. White wrote:Because Yosemite needs more signage and handrails... (Sorry, I'm salty.)

You and me. I stopped going to the Valley years ago as it was just getting more and more crowded. There always seemed to be a reason to install more safety-straps and handrails when the real problem is too many "hold my beer' visitors doing dumb things.

Well, you have to have handrails with moving walkways. It would be way too dangerous otherwise. I just wonder where they're going to put the chairlift.

Return to California