Partner for Mont Blanc - Summer 2018

Find climbing partners in Europe.

Partner for Mont Blanc - Summer 2018

by PellucidWombat » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:36 am

I am going to be in Switzerland on a family trip in the summer of 2018, anywhere between mid-July to sometime in August. I am really hoping to be able to climb a little by coming early or staying late. I have always wanted to climb Mont Blanc & the Matterhorn .

Is anyone interested in meeting up there for such a climb?

For Mont Blanc, I am particularly interested in ascending the Italian Normal Route (II, PD+, cl. 3), although I am open to other suggestions from the French or Italian side.

I currently live in Salt Lake City, so if you want to climb together first, I can be open to meeting up for a climb in a variety of places in the Western U.S. between now and then.

Re: Partner for Mont Blanc - Summer 2018

by jonah.bandy » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:05 pm

Hey there PellucidWombat,
I am an american living here in Germany for the next year and a half. I don't have a ton of mountaineering experience as of now, but I have big plans for this summer to get what I need. Mont Blanc is definitely a must on my list. If you are still looking for partners count me in.

Re: Partner for Mont Blanc - Summer 2018

by mksramos » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:34 pm

I'm going for Mount Blanc this summer and already started my training. Since for now I'm going solo, my plan is to take the Gouter route. I have little experience in high alpine mountains (I live in the Bavarian alps, but they're all little bit taller them 2000) and some training in winter climbing.
If you think i wouldn't be a set back to you, It would be nice to join.

Return to Europe