Partner for Mont Blanc - Summer 2018

Find climbing partners in Europe.
PellucidWombat

Partner for Mont Blanc - Summer 2018

by PellucidWombat » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:36 am

I am going to be in Switzerland on a family trip in the summer of 2018, anywhere between mid-July to sometime in August. I am really hoping to be able to climb a little by coming early or staying late. I have always wanted to climb Mont Blanc & the Matterhorn .

Is anyone interested in meeting up there for such a climb?

For Mont Blanc, I am particularly interested in ascending the Italian Normal Route (II, PD+, cl. 3), although I am open to other suggestions from the French or Italian side.

I currently live in Salt Lake City, so if you want to climb together first, I can be open to meeting up for a climb in a variety of places in the Western U.S. between now and then.

The following user would like to thank PellucidWombat for this post
Solopez

jonah.bandy

Re: Partner for Mont Blanc - Summer 2018

by jonah.bandy » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:05 pm

Hey there PellucidWombat,
I am an american living here in Germany for the next year and a half. I don't have a ton of mountaineering experience as of now, but I have big plans for this summer to get what I need. Mont Blanc is definitely a must on my list. If you are still looking for partners count me in.

The following user would like to thank jonah.bandy for this post
Solopez

mksramos

by mksramos » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:34 pm

Hi,

I'm going for Mount Blanc this summer and already started my training. Since for now I'm going solo, my plan is to take the Gouter route. I have little experience in high alpine mountains (I live in the Bavarian alps, but they're all little bit taller them 2000) and some training in winter climbing.
If you think i wouldn't be a set back to you, It would be nice to join.

The following user would like to thank mksramos for this post
Solopez

no avatar
RoyBenton

by RoyBenton » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:02 pm

Pellucid Wombat, I’m very interested in exploring a climbing partnership in August, 2018. I too will be traveling with family in Switzerland and also climbing. I’ll be in Zermatt Aug. 18-25, and then my family will be traveling in Switzerland for a few days after that, a time when I’d also like to climb. During my week in Zermatt, I’m planning to get acclimatized and also climb the Matterhorn by the Hornli Ridge with a friend who will also be there. But I’d also dearly love to climb the Zmutt Ridge (a more challenging and much-less-climbed mountaineering route). I’d also be very interested in climbing the route on Mt. Blanc that you mention. I am a professor who has the summer off, and would love to plan some warmup climbs in the U.S. I have a lot of mountaineering and technical experience: I’ve climbed all 68 14ers (and many high 13ers) in the Lower 48, as well as Denali and Aconcagua. I’ve climbed a lot of moderate (up to 5.9) alpine routes in Colorado and California in recent years, including Fishhook Arete, Whitney’s East Buttress, Petit Grepon, and several that you’ve done (using your reports sometimes(!)), such as Pingora, Wolf’s Head and Grand Teton in Wyoming. You can email me at rbenton@puc.edu

The following user would like to thank RoyBenton for this post
Solopez

WillP

by WillP » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:25 am

Wombat, Jonah, Ramos - I'm spending June in Chamonix, and would be keen to meet up with any or all of you guys to have a shot at Mt. Blanc, via either the Gouter or the Lion ridge from Italy. I've got some guiding lined up for the first couple of weeks there, but would be available between the 17th and the 29th of June. Or, if you've got any other routes in mind you need a partner for, let me know, as I'm there by myself.

Cheers,

Will

no avatar
Mmoshref

by Mmoshref » Fri May 04, 2018 12:33 pm

Hey i am planning around 16th of July, anyone interested to join ? i already tried the route last year so i have a plan.

jbetoo

by jbetoo » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:45 pm

I’m in Chamonix now and am here till mid-July. Interested in some climbs. PM me if you’re still around.

Solopez

by Solopez » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:16 pm

Hello PellucidWombat, I am also seeking a partner (or partners) for climbing Mont Blanc & the Matterhorn. My travels are in mid August, heading to Chamonix. My most recent climbing was in January where I climbed various mountains near Mendoza, Argentina—Vallecitos area / the northern Andian region; highest 4,400m. I’m passionate about hiking and trail running. However, I still consider myself a beginner mountaineer with tremendous endurance. I would be traveling from Mexico, and can extend my stay thru September as needed.

I see that there are other interested hikers, so please let me know on your timing and if a small group is in your interest.

Let the adventure begin... I’m open/ flexible to the routes presented for climbing. :)

no avatar
DoodleUnited

by DoodleUnited » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:33 pm

Hello people,

I am keen to climb in the Alps in the next 4-6 weeks and could be in Chamonix at short notice. I have climbed Mt Blanc, Goutier route, 2015 and would be willing to climb the Italian side or other 4000m peaks.

My skill set has increased somewhat since the Mt Blanc trip so would be up for something a little more technically challanging than a route like Goutier.

Frank_mcmillan@hotmail.com

no avatar
8Bald

by 8Bald » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:12 pm

I'll be in Chamonix around 6th - 7th of August, not sure how long I'll stay, got five weeks of vacation so I want to make the most of it. Interested in climbing Mont Blanc. If anyone is interested email me at rasemi@outlook.om

Return to Europe