Every time I try to post a new topic in the South America thread, it sends me to my member page?? So, sorry this is on the general forum.
I am headed to Peru (Cordillera Blanca) in June. Just wanted to reach out and see if I could get any updated info, since I haven't seen very many recent posts on this area. Most likely going to just find my guides, etc. in Huaraz after I get there.
Looking at Tocllaraju, Chopi, and possibly a couple of others depending on availability, acclimatization, etc..
- Best recommendations on current guiding companies and prices?
- What are the conditions like in June?
- Any logistic hints that you learned from your prior trip?
- Huaraz info that you learned: lodging, best bus company to get there, etc..
- How much of your own gear did you take, and quality of rentals..
And, if anyone is going to be there during June and wants to join, let me know!
If anyone has this kind of info and has the time to respond, I really appreciate it.