Grand Teton via Stettner Couloir Partner

Find climbing partners in the Northern Rockies.
ILikeBigPeaks&ICannotLie

Grand Teton via Stettner Couloir Partner

by ILikeBigPeaks&ICannotLie » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:23 pm

Hoping to find a partner (or 2) to climb the Stettner Couloir over Memorial Day Weekend (May 24-27), 2019. Planning to take a few days off work to get out to the area a bit early and acclimatize since I normally live at around 500'. Should be the perfect time to attempt route as snow/ice climb mixed with some (relatively) short distance, low 5s grade rock! I own all the group gear we could possibly need to make a nice bid. Hoping to find a good partner with some previous experience on the mountain to provide valuable beta, but will most likely accept whoever I can get to go...provided they are properly equipped and have some relevant climbing experience. Please keep in mind that this is a BIG, STEEP & DANGEROUS mountain that rises ~7000' feet in about 2.5 miles from the valley to the east. GT rivals some of the gnarliest peaks in the Swiss/French Alps in terms of vertical relief and technicality. For potential emergencies I'll be equipped with a Garmin In-Reach Explorer+ to send text messages to the the outside world. The device also comes fully equipped with topo maps, weather reports on-demand, and more - a true life-line when you need it most! Please shoot me a reply or PM if you're interested so we can get a dialogue going. This has the makings to be the trip of a lifetime and I look forward to hearing from you, whoever you may be!

Return to US - Northern Rockies (ID, MT, WY)