waterproof baseball caps

Post climbing gear-related questions, offer advice. For classifieds, please use that forum.
no avatar
seb

waterproof baseball caps

by seb » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:25 am

Any good ones out there you could recommend? Is it even worth it?

nartreb

Re: waterproof baseball caps

by nartreb » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:52 pm

That's like waterproof underwear. It certainly won't keep you dry, so what good is it?

Not that I've ever found a good use for a baseball cap in the first place. Maybe if your eyes are unusually sensitive to sunlight... but aren't you in the UK? Should never be an issue for you.

no avatar
seb

by seb » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:22 am

I have just seen em around and wondered if i should get one :P

no avatar
Relax

by Relax » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:06 am

A normal visor is sometimes nice if you think it will be raining and you REALLY want to get some rock climbing in. Been there done that at Index, Little Si, etc. Will not interfere with a helmet. baseball caps tend to do so IMO. Obviously only works on established routes and any alpine adventure will see falling stone and its a no go or its a get the Hell out of there and the last thing you are thinking about is getting a little wet of which a baseball cap is not helping anyways.

Waterproof hats are worse than normal hats. Hotter and hold more sweat. There is a reason that old timers had BIG brimmed hats that went outwards on ALL sides. If you want a hat to wear when it is raining look no further than the large brimmed hats worn by peoples in the tropical regions. You can buy them online. Never find them in a store.

Tonka

by Tonka » Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:46 pm

I have one, NF, but the fit is funny so I never wear it.

Return to Gear