Well I guess it´s what it is!

Minimally moderated forum for climbing related hearsay, misinformation, and lies.
Charles

Well I guess it´s what it is!

by Charles » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:17 am

yes SPRAY and SLANDER with a pinch of ethics thrown in.
It would have been nice to have it the other way round - like ETHICS with a pinch of the other rubbish if at all!
Oh well to bolt or not to bolt. If I stand in a sling am I no longer a sport climber but maybe an alpinist?
There again climbing ethics have often been discussed with the hands around the jugular - The Bolt War in the Wilder Kaiser; the Beast 666 pulling a gun at base camp and so on.

How can one moderate that I ask myself? No win, no win.

Aaron Johnson

by Aaron Johnson » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:10 pm

Yep. It's a no win situation for everyone. :cry:

Arthur Digbee

by Arthur Digbee » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:21 pm

Aaron Johnson wrote:Yep. It's a no win situation for everyone. :cry:

FWIW, my impression is that the elves think they have a members problem, and many members think they have an elf problem. I hope we don't have some real contributors delete everything over it, but I fear that's where we're going.

Aaron Johnson

by Aaron Johnson » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:25 am

Hey Aurthur-

Yeah, we'll likely have some depart over the PnP thing. Others have since come back because of the PnP thing. Quiet support from the members via PM and email have been supportive and encouraging.

It's sad people would depart from SP because of PnP, but it happens. Folks have different priorities. At SP, the great content, the mountains, the canyons, the ranges, the routes, articles and TRs, that's what's important. That's why most of us joined SP. Some may have forgotten about it. It happens.

We're scrambling but doing our best to respond to PMs and emails as efficiently as possible, So far we're managing well. The occasional forum flare ups slow things down, but it's alright. It goes with the territory.

The specifc situation this thread refers to has been addressed. I fear this thread may drift into undesired territory. If it does, it won't be long here in this forum and we'll remove it. Since it addressed a problem in this forum, I responded.

JasonH

by JasonH » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:37 am

Aaron Johnson wrote: I fear this thread may drift into undesired territory.

:lol: :D

Aaron Johnson

by Aaron Johnson » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:12 am

:lol:

rhyang

by rhyang » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:59 pm

Aaron Johnson wrote:It's sad people would depart from SP because of PnP, but it happens. Folks have different priorities. At SP, the great content, the mountains, the canyons, the ranges, the routes, articles and TRs, that's what's important. That's why most of us joined SP. Some may have forgotten about it.

IMO folks who depart SP because of p & p never really belonged in the first place. P & p was by definition irrelevant to summitpost.

woodsxc

by woodsxc » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:49 pm

rhyang wrote:
Aaron Johnson wrote:It's sad people would depart from SP because of PnP, but it happens. Folks have different priorities. At SP, the great content, the mountains, the canyons, the ranges, the routes, articles and TRs, that's what's important. That's why most of us joined SP. Some may have forgotten about it.

IMO folks who depart SP because of p & p never really belonged in the first place. P & p was by definition irrelevant to summitpost.

People shouldn't leave SP over PnP, but neither should PnP have left either.

Return to Ethics, Spray, and Slander