White gas in Tbilisi/Tiflis?

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Asia. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Asia Climbing Partners section.
Ski Mountaineer

White gas in Tbilisi/Tiflis?

by Ski Mountaineer » Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:26 pm

Hi!

Anybody got an idea if there is white gas avaible in Tbilisi and if so where to get it (hardware stores?)?
Any info would be appreciated!

Cheers!

Corax

by Corax » Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:00 pm

Yes, it's available.
The problem is I can't give you on the details about how to find it.
I asked some new won friends in the local bicycle club and they got it for me.
They gave it to me for free as ''it's very cheap''. It was not the best quality though, but far better than the gasoline in the country.

Plizi

safety

by Plizi » Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:32 pm

Hi, Do you have some information about sfety in Svaneti or What can people do to improve their safety in this region? We are looking for Ushba ( :-) of course) and Skhara from georgian side.Thank you

BigLee

by BigLee » Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:20 pm

Have accomodation arranged before you arrive in Mestia or Ushguli. Else ask the Zugdidi-Mestia Jeep driver. Banditry is no longer a problem on this road. I stayed with Nino Ratiani in Mestia and her brother-in-law Dato Ratiani in Ushguli (best homestay in the world!). I was there in 2004 and security has improved significantly since then. Two years ago I would have suggested you hire a local if spending extended time in the hills however currently I'm not sure. Best seek local advice from Nino in Mestia on the current situation as local advise is always the best! The Svan's are a hospitable lot and they'll look after you.

Return to Asia