Pickens Nose Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
johnm

johnm - May 5, 2014 1:57 pm Date Climbed: May 3, 2014

Pickens Nose Trail  Sucess!

With a name like Pickens Nose I had to hike this easy one. Views were quite good on a beautiful afternoon.

montanachris

montanachris - Dec 18, 2008 10:02 am Date Climbed: Dec 16, 2008

Rainy day  Sucess!

The roads were muddy, almost got stuck and the car didn't want to start when I got back to it. Nice, easy hike though. I didn't see much from the Nose due to the fog. Still a great experience!!

LilBird

LilBird - May 10, 2008 10:01 pm Date Climbed: Apr 8, 2008

Fun  Sucess!

I really enjoyed this short hike. The tree canopy made it feel like I was walking through a cathedral. Wonderful.

captainbuuda

captainbuuda - Apr 13, 2008 1:25 pm Date Climbed: Apr 8, 2008

Easy hike with great rewards  Sucess!

This is a real special place. I'm glad its in a wilderness (just barely). Incredible views and outstanding climbing for such a short hike. Watching the sun set was also a sight to see. Thanks for sharing Bob!

BobSmith

BobSmith - Jun 25, 2005 8:24 pm

Route Climbed: Pickens Nose Trail. Date Climbed: 06-22-2205

Finally summitted this peak after years of wanting to see it. First heard about it when I was 15 years old. It only took me 33 years to get there!



A very easy hike of about three-quarters of a mile to a truly great overlook of the Appalachians. Lots of wilderness in most directions you can peer, with only a few manmade structures to mess up the views. It was nice to finally hike up there and sit in solitude and look out across the deep gorge at the surrounding mile-high peaks.



A great summit and a worthy goal.

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'Pickens Nose' main page