Pico Aislado Comments

Viewing: 1-20 of 39
12

Dave K - Jun 29, 2005 6:32 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Excellent page Kane, as always.

Kane

Kane - Jun 30, 2005 10:40 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks for taking the time to vote my page. This one took a lot of time and its good to get a vote from a member outside of the Rockies community. thanks

Kane

Kane - Jun 30, 2005 10:34 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thnaks for the comments on my photos and taking the time to vote. Have fun this weekend and be safe. that means EARLY STARTS BARRY.

smudge

smudge - Jun 29, 2005 6:56 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

What a mountain! Great page Kane!

Kane

Kane - Jun 30, 2005 10:37 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to vote.

Nelson

Nelson - Jun 29, 2005 7:29 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Great writing + great photos = superb page.



I see you did a long exposure stream shot. Is that something new for you? Nice.

Kane

Kane - Jun 30, 2005 10:33 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

An eighth of a second for that shot. Any way to get that shot when more light exits? Like closing up the aperture as well as slowing the speed? Thanks for the vote, like always.

Nelson

Nelson - Jun 30, 2005 3:09 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Right, you could stop down the aperature if there is more light. Then you could decrease the ISO on a digital camera. If there is still too much light you'd have to resort to neutral density filters.



We've probably discussed graduated ND filters, where only half the filter reduces light (Galen Rowell was a big fan of them). But there are also ND filters that cover the entire lens, for those rare situations when there is too much light.

Kane

Kane - Jun 30, 2005 10:29 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Hi Aaron, thanks for the vote. This page took too much time to write up. These pages get harder and harder don't they? Especially when you don't have an existing mountain that you maintain in the range and you can't copy and paste half of it. Thanks goodness for Alan's and Ryans generosity and providing me with Red Tape and GettingThere.



Got an interesting perspective of Tijeras Peak from up there. The ridge from Music to Milwaukee is nasty.



I may go back and try for Tijeras and the east ridge on Music this season. nice area.

mountaingazelle

mountaingazelle - Jun 29, 2005 7:46 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice rugged mountain. Thanks for adding this one.

Kane

Kane - Jun 30, 2005 10:25 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks for taking the time to vote my page, I appreciate it. Thanks.

desainme

desainme - Jun 29, 2005 8:06 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice comprehensive page. Sure miss Rito Alto Pk though.

Kane

Kane - Jun 30, 2005 10:24 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks for stoping by and taking the time to vote. I appreciate it.

Kane

Kane - Jun 30, 2005 10:23 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

What you say makes some sense, especially the Sierra Blanca comment. I can't argue that. I have never been down to that area but from what I have heard and seen, it looks like a lot of talus and round boulders, quite different than the main section of the range. Not really planning on going down there either. Thanks for the vote.

RyanS

RyanS - Jun 30, 2005 11:08 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Not really planning on going there?! Kane, if you never visit the Huerfano River and see the Blanca/Ellingwood north face with your own eyes, you're not doing yourself a favor! And Ellingwood's SW ridge from Como Lake is one of the classic 14er scrambles, and it doesn't see a lot of traffic.

I can't agree with y'all's assessment of the Sangres' boundaries. The Culebras and the Blancas are part of the Sangres as well.

Kane

Kane - Jun 30, 2005 2:07 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Ryan, I agree with you 100%. The Huerfano Valley is stunning. Ive been there once to climb Lindsey. I'm just not interested in the Como Lake approach. It scares me.

CharlesD

CharlesD - Jun 29, 2005 8:56 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

And here I just bought a Sangres map. Looks like I've got a project already. Great page!

IdahoKid

IdahoKid - Jun 29, 2005 9:30 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

A wonderfully put together page...I hope to attend college in Colorado and your pages will help me plan some climbs!

Sean

Kane

Kane - Jun 30, 2005 10:12 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

I appreciate the vote. Also, thanks for taking the time to vote.



JonBradford

JonBradford - Jun 29, 2005 10:03 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Very Very Cool! Glad to see your spending some time in the Sangres!

Jon

Viewing: 1-20 of 39
12
Return to 'Pico Aislado' main page