Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Jun 10, 2008
Activities Activities: Hiking

Pico

A very plesant trip. I lived below this mountain for 6 months and every day i wanted to hike it. We started at 5:30 in the morning and lucky for us, a good friend of mine is a native of the pueblo there, Santo Tomas Ajusco. He took us up, and constantly walked with a knife in his hand. He said that twice members in the company climbing the peak had been attacked by dogs up there, and many times we saw stray dogs (a few large rocks thrown in their direction and they quickly retreated). Morale of the story, take protection, be it a rock, large stick, etc. Our guide also showed us some of the natural springs. Although they say that you shouldnt drink the water here, this was worth the while!
We made it to the tree line and there had a delicious breakfast of longinsa, bisteak, y papas, mountain style. We summited around 9:30, but due to the thick smog, the views werent that good. We threw some rocks off the huge cliff, and then headed down. Our total time was rather slow, 8 hours, due to the fact that we took 2 hours to eat breakfast, and one of the people in our group weighed 300 lbs., but it shows you who can make it up there.

Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

AjuscoTrip Reports