Pico de Orizaba, from the...

Pico de Orizaba, from the...

Pico de Orizaba, from the road to Piedra Grande, Feb-08-2004. Photo credit: A. Carrillo.
pacojgarza
on Feb 11, 2004 7:28 pm
Image ID: 41584

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-4 of 4
tlogan

tlogan - Feb 12, 2004 4:50 pm - Voted 10/10

Great shot!

Thats the one I was dying to get... but the weather never let it happen.

meepers

meepers - Feb 12, 2004 6:06 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Great shot!

Great shot. I just returned from Orizaba. I spent three days in the hut (alone, except for the mice) waiting for the 80MPH winds to calm. It did not, so I walked out with out going above the hut. Freak snow storm HUH?

Brian Jenkins

Brian Jenkins - Feb 12, 2004 7:25 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Great shot!

Hey Meepers, you were the topic of discussion from some other climbers/guides in Tlachichuca this past week. We heard about a guy who had just been stuck up there for 3 days before bailing out. We stayed in the area around the hut for 2 days acclimatizing before attempting to summit. We bailed out at 16,000 feet and were back down at the hut waiting all day from 6 am until 5 pm for the truck to come get us. We were the only 3 at Piedra Grande that day and it was so incredibly boring we were throwing rocks at things or tidying up the hut a bit, etc. I can not imagine being stuck inside that hut for 3 days with the mice and feces smell. You must have gone crazy.



Now I know who those guys were talking about! ;- )

meepers

meepers - Feb 18, 2004 12:55 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Great shot!

You dont have to be crazy to do thing like this, but it helps!

Viewing: 1-4 of 4