Thats the one I was dying to get... but the weather never let it happen.
Great shot. I just returned from Orizaba. I spent three days in the hut (alone, except for the mice) waiting for the 80MPH winds to calm. It did not, so I walked out with out going above the hut. Freak snow storm HUH?
Hey Meepers, you were the topic of discussion from some other climbers/guides in Tlachichuca this past week. We heard about a guy who had just been stuck up there for 3 days before bailing out. We stayed in the area around the hut for 2 days acclimatizing before attempting to summit. We bailed out at 16,000 feet and were back down at the hut waiting all day from 6 am until 5 pm for the truck to come get us. We were the only 3 at Piedra Grande that day and it was so incredibly boring we were throwing rocks at things or tidying up the hut a bit, etc. I can not imagine being stuck inside that hut for 3 days with the mice and feces smell. You must have gone crazy.
Now I know who those guys were talking about! ;- )
You dont have to be crazy to do thing like this, but it helps!