Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Andino

Andino - Oct 2, 2007 1:04 pm - Voted 10/10

Photo...

I've attached a picture of Pierre Mazeaud on top of Everest, I thought you might like to have it instead of him with a nice suit :o)

Bor

Bor - Oct 2, 2007 3:04 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Photo...

Hehe yes I saw this photo already. Thanks!

reinhard2

reinhard2 - Oct 3, 2007 6:57 am - Voted 9/10

Illuminative report

about a surely great but - as I think - less well known alpinist.

I would propose to add-in a few more concrete dates after 1964.
What do you mean by "he came together with feelings"?

Cheers
Reinhard

Bor

Bor - Oct 3, 2007 8:25 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Illuminative report

Thanks! I mean that he slowly forgot the bad days and loosing of his friends that was really hard for him and also Bonatti.

Cheers!

Bor

Bor - Oct 29, 2007 5:36 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Bonatti and Mazeaud

Yes, yes, thans for interesting information!

Cheers!

Silvia Mazzani

Silvia Mazzani - Aug 23, 2011 5:08 pm - Voted 10/10

Pierre Mazeaud

Fine work!!!

Ciao-

Silvia

ericvola

ericvola - Feb 1, 2012 8:11 am - Voted 8/10

Pierre Mazeaud protector of freedom in the French Alps

Pierre comes from an illustrious family of jurists, and so is he. Several times MP, secretary of state, vice-president of the MP assembly, member and then president of the Constitutional court (our highest law court), Pierre has used very efficiently his political status/position and legal skills to make sure that the French Alps will remain free country. Even now retired his moral influence is still preventing stupid restricting laws to be passed. Lovers of the wild and the mountains in France owe him much.

A little fun note about Pierre: when a student, Pierre was a member of the anarchist party! Of course you won't see that in his official biography. But in May 1968 while I was putting anarchist flags on top of government buildings (a nice way to train for climbers) he had enlisted the Gaullist party. Whatever his political ideas and those of his fellow climbing partners what always came first with them was climbing and friendship. Politics was then totally set aside and his loyalty to his friends has always been absolute. Yes, a great man.

major saif - Aug 2, 2013 6:24 am - Hasn't voted

Hidden Peak Expedition 1984

Dear Mr. Pierre Mazeaud,

Since long I have been searching about your adventure of Hidden Peak in 1984, but you have hardly mentioned anything about your attempt of climbing Gasherbrum I. You must be wondering why I am interested in that, it is because I accompanied you as liaison officer in said expedition.

However I am happy to see you after long time and pray for your long life.

SAIF

Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Return to 'Pierre Mazeaud' main page