Piestewa Peak Comments

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Steven Cross

Steven Cross - Apr 23, 2004 12:12 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

This page could be very interesting if you added the contovesy of how the name got changed and how the Governer of AZ had to bend the rules of changing mountain names to get this one renamed Piestewa.

Putting the pics on the main page would help visually.

Also your directions are not very clear. Might want to start them from the 51.

This page could make for a very interesting page. Much work needed.

Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Apr 23, 2004 12:42 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Good effort. I also think that you should attach the pictures onto the main page. And I'm not sure about the weather forecast since it shows advertising. That , in principle, is not allowed here. I'm not too sure about it, though.



Cheers



Gangolf

Brett A - Apr 23, 2004 6:18 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Good addition. Could use some more info though. I'll have some pictures to add in a while.

hgrapid

hgrapid - Apr 25, 2004 7:34 pm - Voted 8/10

Untitled Comment

You need better directions, (i.e. from the interstate).

PAISHO - Nov 12, 2004 4:16 am - Voted 8/10

Untitled Comment

It's nice to see something for this peak on this site. I feel that changing the name of the mountain was a good thing and a way to honor a fallen lady warrior.

Jeff12633

Jeff12633 - Dec 31, 2006 6:16 am - Hasn't voted

Squaw Peak

I agree with Steve. The Governor rammed this change through without following any of the regulations related to name changes, and against the initially stated wishes of the Piestewa family, who are not even from the Phoenix area (Tuba City I believe). It was an act of crude bullying done for pure political reasons, and for that reason this mountain will forever remain Squaw Peak to me. There are better ways to honor Larie Piestewa than the shameless self-glorification of of Janet Napolitano.

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Return to 'Piestewa Peak' main page