Pillsbury Mt. Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
mrbida

mrbida - Sep 6, 2018 6:48 am Date Climbed: Sep 3, 2018

Pillsbury Mountain  Sucess!

Great Labor Day hike to Pillsbury. We had the summit to ourselves and there were several bundles of wood that appeared to be dropped in by helicopter. I'm hoping they finally renovate the fire tower to make it accessible again.

CRiedel2

CRiedel2 - Jul 12, 2018 2:59 pm Date Climbed: Jul 7, 2018

Steep Climb, Tall Tower  Sucess!

Hiked up Pillsbury Mt after Gore Mt. The trail is a pretty steady ascent, but not too bad. Glad there is a fire tower or there would be no views. This is one of the higher fire towers also, double the height of some others! The cab was closed, but amazing views as I sat on the uppermost stairs. I made it to the trailhead in my minivan with no problem and there were cars there also. Just drive carefully over some sections of road if you go.

Kemp

Kemp - Oct 21, 2016 10:54 pm Date Climbed: Sep 3, 2016

Fire Tower!  Sucess!

Very cool fire tower, not much to see from inside the cab unfortunately.

Tahawus

Tahawus - Aug 31, 2013 11:39 am Date Climbed: Jun 20, 2013

Pillsbury Mt.  Sucess!

Climbed via the Pillsbury Trail from Sled Harbor. An easy hike, even from the lower trailhead. Spectacular views from the lookout tower.

ScAtTeRbOnE

ScAtTeRbOnE - Oct 10, 2009 10:22 pm Date Climbed: May 21, 2007

Calm and Windy Summit  Sucess!

Windy on the tower and cold, nice and calm on the treed in summit though. Great views of wilderness from the tower.

Bark Eater

Bark Eater - Aug 26, 2007 7:20 pm Date Climbed: Jul 25, 1977

Happy to be first!

Happy to be first to sign your log. Had a pleasant solo day trip to the top of Pillsbury in the summer of 1977. I recall at that time you could only drive in part of the way on the approach road. There was a barrier, then perhaps a few miles of road walking before the climb began.

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Return to 'Pillsbury Mt.' main page