Pilot Knob Comments

Viewing: 1-19 of 19
Alan Ellis

Alan Ellis - Aug 12, 2004 9:11 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

You get 4 stars for the page and another 4 stars for being a babe!



mtnhiker13

mtnhiker13 - Aug 12, 2004 10:22 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

I am blushing.....

nader

nader - Aug 12, 2004 9:32 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

I am glad this page is finally on SP and thank you for representing it so well.

Andy

Andy - Aug 12, 2004 9:52 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Great page! I assume this means you graduated your mountaineering class with flying colors. Congrats!

mtnhiker13

mtnhiker13 - Aug 12, 2004 11:16 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Yes I made it back alive and graduated!

Moni

Moni - Aug 12, 2004 10:34 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice job!

hgrapid

hgrapid - Aug 12, 2004 11:31 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

How come if this is only your first page, it seems like you know exactly what you are doing? I hope you keep adding more pages to summitpost. Great Job!

The Lower Marmot

The Lower Marmot - Aug 12, 2004 12:18 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Excellent page!

CharlesD

CharlesD - Aug 12, 2004 12:20 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Very nice page. Pilot Knob really sounds like it sould be in Tennessee or maybe Virginia. Nice to see it's a little closer to home for me.

Kane

Kane - Aug 12, 2004 1:03 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Wow!!! You write like AJ.... But I'm sure he can't climb like you. Great page, and another great mountain added to SP.

RyanS

RyanS - Aug 12, 2004 6:11 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Great page, I've wanted to know more about Pilot Knob!

Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Aug 12, 2004 6:43 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Great page. It seems to have taken two years on SP for you to put up the courage to post a mountain, but it was worth to wait.



Still I hope the second one won't take another two years ;-))

Aaron Johnson

Aaron Johnson - Aug 12, 2004 9:14 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Obviously, my participation in this particular voting process is likely to be viewed as a conflict of interest by some folks. Well, when you're an Ivory Tower resident, you do what you want. For the record, I assisted in the uploading, did some minor editing and supplied edited text for some obvious sections.



The real effort was by Ellen, who composed the Overview and the excellent West Couloir route description, as well as lug a heavy camera to take over 100 pictures of this climb (she has since switched to digital). To my knowledge, this is the first (and if not, then the best) documentation of climbing this mountain on the net.



This is an achievement to be proud of, and I am certainly proud of Ellen in her effort to record the event and represent the mountain so well in her first SP contribution. I'm proud of her for executing this climb (as well as all of the other CMC BMS activities leading up to it) and doing such a great job at gathering the material and data for this shining SP page.



It's been a long time coming for SP, and I was always hoping that Pilot Knob would end up in good hands here. This is one of Colorado's more important mountains known for its reputation as well as its character. Ellen has done a great job capturing that "spirit" and bringing it to the SP community to enjoy. SP finally has Pilot Knob!



Now, addressing the durogatory comments from my fellow SP members, Kane and Alan:



Ellen does climb better than me. This is certainly true. Even though I'm too old to give a s**t, it's still gratifying to know that all you young dudes out there will never climb AS MUCH as I have, because I am indeed too old for any of you guys to catch up! Ha! So there!



And yes, she is indeed babe. And she's all mine! Ain't she somethin'?



Ellen- I'm so glad you did this! Good job! Love ya darlin'!

Saintgrizzly

Saintgrizzly - Aug 12, 2004 9:41 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice, Ellen--but now you have this developing situation: we want more! Nice info, nice pictures. Besides that, I agree with Alan. See you soon!

mtwashingtonmonroe

mtwashingtonmonroe - Aug 12, 2004 11:04 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Beautiful mountain and a very nice page! Great job and i hope you add some more! Good climbing to you!

vertx

vertx - Aug 13, 2004 10:03 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Well done.

Brad Snider

Brad Snider - Oct 5, 2004 5:48 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Interesting-looking mountain. Well-done!

Kenzo Okawa

Kenzo Okawa - Oct 14, 2004 5:11 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Realy beautiful and good page!

bigwilly

bigwilly - Mar 22, 2005 2:54 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Very informative. Very nice.

Viewing: 1-19 of 19
Return to 'Pilot Knob' main page