Viewing: 1-5 of 5
mvs

mvs - Jul 13, 2007 1:23 pm - Voted 10/10

Haha!

"The blue points have decided they don’t like this place and have vanished altogether..."

Hilarious. :D
Oh and a German turning on the AC full blast? Never in my wildest dreams...:p

Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Jul 14, 2007 4:35 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Haha!

Well, occasionally we Germans actually turn on the AC. And let me tell you: Crete can be hot!

And as for the blue points - I'm still convinced that they teamed up on us. "Ahhh - there's Germans coming! Let's go hide somewhere until they're gone."

plasmation

plasmation - Mar 21, 2011 10:59 am - Voted 10/10

Favorite

We returned from Crete a week ago, from all the hikes this one was my favorite. Thanks for creating this page, it actually inspired us to make this hike!

Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Mar 21, 2011 5:22 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Favorite

Thanks for the nice words. Actually it's always good to see that the pages you write are good for someone. To have directed you to your favourite hike feels good somehow ...

Where else did you go?

plasmation

plasmation - Apr 12, 2011 5:58 am - Voted 10/10

Re: Favorite

The Falasarna-Balos hike was the first day. We slept at Balos and returned along the east coast (boring ;) compared to the west coast). Then we rode by bus south to Paleochora and hiked all the way to Plakias. Gorgeous scenery along the whole way. The Sougia-Agia Roumeli walk amazing too (2nd place), quite strenous because of the distance. I am writing my own trip reports from the trip. Hopefully will post soon.

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'Pirates in the Mediterranean (A Rocky Scramble in Crete’s Wild West)' main page