Pirineos: Ordesa - Monte Perdido Additions and Corrections

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
visentin

visentin - Jan 19, 2011 9:00 am - Voted 10/10

Geography :)

Hi Eza !
I am rewritting the Bigorre page and I noticed few things that could be improved about the structure.
Here it's about the name. I think it would be better to rename this area "Pirineos: Monte Perdido - Ordesa", instead of "Gavarnie" in the name. Despite the 3000 peaks are on the border, the Cirque of Gavarnie is more on the french side and in the Bigorre page. However, I see no problem about the page of sub-range of Gavarnie (by Rick B) remaining attached here.
What do you think ? :)
Thanks !
Eric

eza

eza - Jan 19, 2011 1:51 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Geography :)

Agreed, Eric. As a matter of fact, this area page is an old one and I seem to remember it was written long before the Bigorre page, but you're right: the Cirque of Gavarnie belongs to Bigorre. Therefore, I'm renaming the area and deleting the "Cirque de Gavarnie" from one of the page sub-headings. Thanks for the message.

P.S: Do you think it would be OK to leave the "Border ridge" section to include all those 3000ers between the Gabiétous and the Marboré?

visentin

visentin - Jan 20, 2011 2:21 am - Voted 10/10

Re: Geography :)

Thanks !
I guess the idea at the origin was to create an area about the whole perimeter of the Perdido range on each side, and then the subdivisions by countries abd sections was implelented afterwhile.
The philosophy that Rafa explained me is that each peak that belong to two areas (let's say, who owns trailheads in several areas) must be attached to each of them.
For the Ordesa-Gavarnie ridge, it is obvious that they (Marboré, Taillon, etc) must remain attached ! ;)
Thanks !
Eric

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Return to 'Pirineos: Ordesa - Monte Perdido' main page