SP Plans & Partners
Make plans. Find activities. Meet people.
  SEARCH PLANS | POST PLANS

Adirondacks Winter 2011/2012 Partners

Bergshrund

Posted by Bergshrund on Dec 12, 2009
Page Views: 809

Activity Details

Date: Anytime
Location: New York, United States
City or Place: Keene Valley
Skill Level: Intermediate
Categories: Hiking, Mountaineering
Partner Status: Want Partners

Description

Looking for guys or gals to assemble a small group or 2 person team, for overnight winter camping & backpacking trips. Would also be interested to climb Gothics N. Face and have all the group gear.

Only chilled out cool people please reply. No fitness freaks please, prefer people in TO or GTA for planning purposes, although not entirely necessary.

(Update: I already have 2 Americans interested. This is a good sign. Looking for more. There's another good route on Mt. Washington for mountaineering practice, I have photos if you want to see. Good practice for Alaska/Yukon.)

[High Peaks Region]

Comments

welleHey, I'm chilled out!

welle

"No fitness freaks please" - classic! I'm in NYC, but PM me if you need more bodies. Will be doing a lot of these this season to train/test gear...
Posted Dec 18, 2009 1:20 pm

triyodaGothics?

triyoda

When are you thinking about Gothics. A friend and I did Washington on 1/1 and we were talking about this climb.
Posted Jan 4, 2010 10:46 pm

alexmasnykDaks

alexmasnyk

I'd like to do one more trip in the daks this winter. Anything not too technical. Was there a few weeks ago, did Trapdike. If anyone is doing anything let me know.

I'm in Toronto.
Posted Feb 25, 2010 4:03 pm

BergshrundRe: Daks

Bergshrund

Didn't get this till now, haven't logged in in a yr. Will email.
Posted Nov 30, 2011 2:47 am

FlattlanderDacks, Winter

Flattlander

I need to do some winter stuff in the High Peaks, but my girlfriend will kill me if I go alone. Not a 'fitness freak', just a guy who loves the mountains. Fairly new hiker/climber but I do have some winter stuff under my belt including Mt Washington. I'm in Burlington, VT, though. Hit me up if you want.
Posted Jul 23, 2010 1:10 pm

BergshrundRe: Dacks, Winter

Bergshrund

Pass me your TEL number and i'll give you a ding long distance. We could just meet at a trailhead or in Lake Placid.

Do you ski too?
Posted Nov 30, 2011 2:41 am

RacernutNE, Winter

Racernut

Mountaineering in the winter is the best way to ensure the wife will not tag along. Looking to do a trip this winter. Probably Marcy or something else challenging, but not technical. I like ultralight and minimalist. I am cheap and don't like to carry stuff.

Eric
kobesh4@optonline.net
Posted Sep 2, 2010 10:43 pm

BergshrundRe: NE, Winter

Bergshrund

If your still interested this year, send me a PM. However i'll warn you, I'm not ultralight and fast. I'm an ex-expedition climber. Bulky and slow pace but I make it to summits. I also prefer to sleep in my tent on the peak, not in a lean-to where the mice can chew my gear.
Posted Dec 4, 2011 5:37 pm

Don't have an account? Register now.

"Diplomacy is the art saying 'nice doggie' until you can find a rock."   --Wynn Catlin

© 2006-2015 SummitPost.org. All Rights Reserved.