SP Plans & Partners
Make plans. Find activities. Meet people.
  SEARCH PLANS | POST PLANS

Mount Meeker


Bixley

Posted by Bixley on Mar 14, 2007
Page Views: 312

Activity Details

Dates: Mar 17, 2007 through Mar 18, 2007
Location: United States
City or Place: ESTES PARK, CO
Skill Level: Intermediate, Advanced
Categories: Mountaineering
Partner Status: Want Partners

Description

A few friends and I are attempting Mount Meeker this weekend, Saturday the 17th and Sunday the 18th. We are climbing via the south face. Depending on the south faces snowpack, crampons may or may not be needed. An ice axe is a good idea as well.

We are making this climb a two day trip. We will camp in Meeker Meadows on Saturday night and then climb to the summit Sunday morning. We plan to hike back to the parking lot Sunday afternoon. So far the weather reports are very favorable.

We will meet at the Wild Basin area parking lot at 1:00 pm on Saturday. From there we will hike approximately five miles to Meeker Meadows before setting up camp.

I spoke with a ranger and we are allowed to camp in the area as long as the group size is under twelve. There are no camping fees but we do have to pick up a permit on Saturday morning along with providing license numbers for all parked vehicles.

Here's a link to a trip report of our summit attempt a couple weeks ago on 3/3.
http://www.14ers.com/php14ers/tripreport.php?trip=2917
We will be attempting the summit via the same route as outlined in the report.

Send me a line if you have questions or would like to join us. Hope to see you!

Comments

No comments posted yet.


Sign in to post!

Don't have an account? Register now.







"Ninjas aren't dangerous. They're more afraid of you than you are of them..."   --The Tick   

© 2006-2015 SummitPost.org. All Rights Reserved.