"Priord Peak" Comments

Viewing: 1-15 of 15
mtwashingtonmonroe

mtwashingtonmonroe - Mar 24, 2005 9:53 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Great page Scott!

-Britt

miztflip

miztflip - Mar 24, 2005 10:22 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Great looking peak Scott, hope to see more pics.

Nelson

Nelson - Mar 24, 2005 10:59 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Suberb page, thanks for sharing this secret jewel. You didn't have to!

Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Mar 25, 2005 3:18 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice page Scott. Now that you have mastered the art of html-tables, what's next? I suggest interactive panoramas ;-))))

Johan Heersink

Johan Heersink - Mar 25, 2005 3:20 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice!

wuedesau

wuedesau - Mar 25, 2005 4:44 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Very interesting page!

2000 lakes! This sounds incredible. This mountain range must be large (at least for European measures).

Joseph Bullough

Joseph Bullough - Mar 25, 2005 10:09 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice job on an obscure peak. Is Priord the one near the center of this photo? If so I may try to crop it a bit and resubmit on your page.

Scott

Scott - Mar 25, 2005 10:45 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Its not that one (that one is what I call "Deadhorse" [after Deadhorse Lake] on the list), but you do have some really good pictures of the peak. Its actually the one in the opposite direction, the one between Yard and Ostler Peaks. I tried to send an email last night but this morning it said my mailbox was full.



The peak is this one; the one on the left casting the shadow.



Here are the good photos you have of the peak (from the disk). If it wouldn't be too much trouble, and if you wouldn't mind, the page could use some better photos. It would be appreciated. I'm going to scan more next week, but yours are better (4-stars!).



Img 1152: As viewed from Ostler Peak. Priord Peak is right center that has a shadow on its north face (on the left). The contrast between the gentle south face and rugged north face can be clearly seen.



Img 1162: As viewed from slopes of Ostler Peak. Amethyst Lake (center). Priord Peak is the one to the far right.



Img 1356: As viewed from Yard Peak. Priord Peak is the one on the left with a shadow. Priord Lake is in the center of the photo.



Img 1361: As viewed from Yard Peak. Priord peak is right center and is the peak casting the shadow.

Joseph Bullough

Joseph Bullough - Mar 25, 2005 11:53 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Oops - I only looked at the Topozone of the area and got myself twisted around. I'll go ahead and post those photos later today.

Scott

Scott - Mar 26, 2005 9:31 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks for adding the photos!

Bor

Bor - Mar 25, 2005 12:01 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Great page and well written, the only bad thing is that you don`t have more photos! :-(



Cheers!

wildstar

wildstar - Mar 26, 2005 12:50 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Great looking page, nice work.

Dmitry Pruss

Dmitry Pruss - Aug 3, 2008 3:07 pm - Voted 10/10

Nice peak

Thanks again Scott for recommending it. Just for nitpicking sake, the second one of the pictures on the page does not show Priord Peak at all ;)

Scott

Scott - Aug 3, 2008 5:28 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice peak

Just for nitpicking sake, the second one of the pictures on the page does not show Priord Peak at all

Thanks, not sure how that happened. I replaced it with one of yours.

Anyway, if you got any photos of the south face of "Priord Peak" from the upper Rock Creek Basin, feel free to add them. I need to get rid of the rest of my poor photos (I already deleted most of the ones of Priord a while ago).

If you wouldn't mind, some of the old route pages of Spread Eagle and Ostler from Rock Creek could use some photos as well.

Dmitry Pruss

Dmitry Pruss - Aug 3, 2008 5:50 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Nice peak

Oh, that's because the author of that photo misidentified it at first, and the caption read Priord for a while. As to the NW corner of Rock Creek Basin ... sorry, haven't made a single picture after this one. All eyes were mostly turned away from the slopes since after a 5 am start and three peaks, by the time we got to Lightning Lake, I was mostly concerned about finding some rest ... looking for a nice campsite, away from the thunderstorm gales & complete with a swimming hole :)

Viewing: 1-15 of 15
Return to '"Priord Peak"' main page