Punta Abizondo

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 42.85310°N / 0.8412°W
Additional Information Route Type: Mountaineering, Scrambling
Additional Information Difficulty: F+ (Easy sup)
Additional Information Rock Difficulty: Class 4
Additional Information Grade: II
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Descending EzkaurreAbizondo

The peak Punta Abizondo (1673m) it's an interesting complementary summit in the normal route of Ezkauure from Col of Argibiella. This rocky peak has an entity of only 41 meters over the Col of Abizondo and for this reason I think it's not enough for one page of the mountain in summitpost but I consider the route and information with interest for the people who climb Ezkaurre.


Getting There

Same of normal route of Ezkaurre in Col of Argibiela

Route Description

Summit ridgeSummit
Summit ridgeSummit

The route it's the same of Ezkaurre to the Col of Abizondo. See the route of Col of Argibiela.

In the col of Abizondo, a very little plain into the forest the marks of paint goes to Ezkaurre. We leave the route and we walk in north-east direction across a little path in the forest to reach the bottom of Abizondo.
We turn to left side to walk to the first wide meters to reach the narrow ridge. We descent a first wall of I+ of 3 meters and we climb another spun of I+ to reach the upper narrow ridge. We walk in the edge of the ridge of 1 or 2 meters wide with impressive fall to both sides to reach the summit with a cairn. Great landscape in the summit of Punta Abizondo (15-20 minutes from the col of Abizondo).

Essential Gear

Nothing special. In winter with a lot of snow the rope is advisble but without snow the rock-climb is very easy.

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

EzkaurreRoutes