Ranger Peak Area

Ranger Peak Area

Ranger Peak and the surrounding wilderness as seen from the summit of Point 8618.
© Mike Hoyt, 27jul07.
Michael Hoyt
on Aug 6, 2007 9:18 am
Image Type(s): Scenery,  Panorama
Image ID: 320491

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-4 of 4
T Sharp

T Sharp - Aug 11, 2007 12:51 am - Voted 10/10

Nice Photo Mike

I think Ranger is the peak on the Left, and Old Stormy is the big peak [though not as tall] in the middle of your photo.
Cheers;
Tim

Michael Hoyt

Michael Hoyt - Aug 11, 2007 4:31 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice Photo Mike

Wondering if you were right, I cheated and used the 3D function of my Topo program to view these summits from the same angle that I took the picture. This confirmed the peak on the left is Point 8570, in the middle Ranger Peak (8,817'), and on the right Old Stormy (8,203').

I'm hoping to visit these 3 peaks during a 2-3 day outing some time soon. Interested in going?

T Sharp

T Sharp - Aug 11, 2007 5:12 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Nice Photo Mike

Absolutely Mike! I tried in early June, and could not get around the Big Creek Lake Dam overflow. There was 1.5 ft of water moving very fast over polished granite into an 80 ft waterfall! It scared me and I am fearless! The storm clouds were down over Ranger and Old Stormy affording only fleeting glimpses of these beauties. I can hardly wait to get back into that country. Maybe Vernon and Fred would be interested in going too.
Cheers;
Tim

Michael Hoyt

Michael Hoyt - Aug 11, 2007 6:49 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice Photo Mike

The only thing I have set in stone for the foreseeable future is the weekend with the Rocky Mountaineers in Glacier (August 24-26). Other than that, I'm ready.

Vernon should be back within a couple of days, but who knows what his work schedule will be like after being away for a while. I’ll check with him.

What days of the week are best for you? And Fred?

Keep me posted.

Viewing: 1-4 of 4