Raven Peak

Raven Peak

Page Type Page Type: Album

Overview

The first prominent peak in the long ridge, sloping toward the north from summit of an unnamed peak 5632 (height of peak in meters). The long ridge, limits on the east Dzirnagaktu valley.

Extremely sharp peak, descends into the valleys, walled snow and ice. Summit is the snow platform undercut by rocks wall.
From the top to the valley descends a long ridge, ending at summit of Chaire (4786).

The name was given by members of the expedition, organized by the High Mountain Club from Cracow in 2010. The expedition's goal was exploration,
not visited before, Dzhirnagaktu glacier.

First documented ascent: 16 August 2010 by Oktawian Ciez and Jakub Galka

Raven PeakRock Horse (5167) and Raven Peak (5370)

Camping

Advanced base on Dzhirnagaktu glacier.

Comments

Archive Soviet documents show that Peak 5632 was climbed in the 1980s from the Kyzyl Asker Glacier via the ridge. Maybe it was over Rock Horse (5167) and Raven Peak (5370).

http://aaj.americanalpineclub.org/climbs-and-expeditions/asia/kyrgyzstan/tien-shan/2010-dzhirnagaktu-valley-by-t-owerko/

Routes overview

1. North Face: 55° average, D, 700m, 10h / 16.Aug.2010 O.Ciez, J.Galka
2. West Ridge: AD+ (?) / 13.Aug.2010 O.Ciez, J.Galka, P.Picheta (reached below peak)
3. South face: So far only down with the exits

Raven Peak - topoWest Ridge and South Face of Raven Peak

[img:764506:alignleft:medium:West Ridge and South Face of Raven Peak]

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-2 of 2
surgent

surgent - Dec 7, 2011 6:50 pm - Hasn't voted

Collect these peaks into a range page

By themselves, the pages are too scant. They got removed once already and possibly will be again. There is simply too little information on each peak by itself, but together, you have the makings of a very high-quality range page.

diam3001

diam3001 - Dec 8, 2011 6:00 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Collect these peaks into a range page

Hi. It is true but described peaks are located around valley not visited before. They don't have history or interesting route (like Alps or Tatras). I would like to mention that this interesting place exist in Tian Shan (not only Chan Tengri or Peak Pobieda). I describe only discovery of interesting peaks, by expedition in 2010. I ope that peaople will develop it (if they will go to KokshaalToo). I hope that I wil come there in next year too.

BR

Viewing: 1-2 of 2

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.