Refrigerator Couloir Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
shanahan96

shanahan96 - Jul 14, 2014 4:32 pm Date Climbed: May 30, 2009

opening the frig  Sucess!

climbed the refrigerator with mike and milburn. super, classic line in a fantastically eerie setting splitting the middle of ice's north face. consistently 45 degrees with some 50+ sprinkled in along the way. the two, short 60+ degree bulges near the top are simply amazing!

climb this route!

jamie

Pete Castricone

Pete Castricone - Jul 24, 2012 5:16 pm Date Climbed: Jun 28, 2008

One of my favorite climbs  Sucess!

Climbed this when I was still a newbie to the sport. Combined this with North Apostle on a fine Sawatch day. Great group with Kiefer, Brian, Ryan.

chicagotransplant

chicagotransplant - May 2, 2012 1:31 pm Date Climbed: May 30, 2009

Fridge  Sucess!

Climbed with shanahan96, asphazell and altitude14er. Great snow conditions in the couloir, not so much on the standard route. Jamie and I ended up descending the standard route in a mix of snow and semi-loose rock. Below the crux it was all snow all the way back to the fridge and seeing as the snow was steady and our pace was good, we just kept going this way down. The standard route is pretty sketchy when its icy!

Kiefer

Kiefer - May 2, 2012 12:33 am Date Climbed: Jun 28, 2008

Combo w/North Apostle  Sucess!

Climbed this wonderful couloir, probably the best in all the Sawatch with Brian, Pete and Ryan. One sweet day with great weather.
Watch out for that 'Garbage Chute' though. We had some scary rockfall come down our way.

Timothy Pearl

Timothy Pearl - Apr 29, 2012 11:35 pm Date Climbed: Apr 28, 2012

Nice, Long Day  Sucess!

Perfect snow and weather and company. Would do that daily if physically possible. Enjoy the route page, leave me a note if seasonal changes are needed.

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'Refrigerator Couloir' main page