Viewing: 1-3 of 3
selinunte01

selinunte01 - Jan 18, 2009 4:16 pm - Voted 10/10

Good one !

Another Sicilian mountain fan, great! I allowed myself to attach some of my Rocca Busambra shots to this page. This was a summer hike so the wildflowers were nearly gone.

alpindave

alpindave - Nov 23, 2009 5:32 pm - Hasn't voted

scrub hiking

Hey. I just re-readed this article again. This article was the basis for my trip to rocca busambra in june. By reading the second time, I saw, that there are also special articles for the routes. If a had read it before, we wouldn't had so much troubles in the ascent. We haven't really found the acess to the hiking path after alpe cuccio, it's invisible, if you dont no your helps here in the article:)
It seems also that the scrubs are not yet a problem in May?

I wrote a report on hikr.org, see http://www.hikr.org/tour/post14196.html (in german) . There I also published the topographic map of the bosco di fucuzza (a tablet locatet in ficuzza)

The mountains of sicily are great!! see http://www.hikr.org/user/dabuesse/tour/?post_tag=ferien_sizilien

regards David

Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Nov 24, 2009 2:51 am - Hasn't voted

Re: scrub hiking

Hmm - can't say I remember all of the ascent. As far as I recall our ascent route along the south slopes to the west of the mountain didn't have much scrub. The east ridge, however, did. We descended the east ridge and got more or less completely lost - bushwhacking back to base. Later we saw where the actual path would have been - steep but not much overgrown.

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Return to 'Rocca Busambra' main page