Roche Faurio Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Simnel

Simnel - Oct 8, 2010 12:16 pm

Nice route

With Paul on his first Alpine route,,good weather and cracking views.went on to do the Dome the next day.

Gertiño - Jul 5, 2009 4:40 am Date Climbed: Jul 3, 2009

Last day in Les Ecrins  Sucess!

Left from Refuge des Ecrins at about 5 am in the morning and reached the summit at approx. 9 am. We had to wait a little bit for the last (rocky) part as another group was descending when we arrived and the summit cannot exactly host a lot of people (sorry for the cordée jut behind who we kept waiting!).
Wonderful weather with great views.
From there straight back down to Ailefroide.

schmid_th

schmid_th - Sep 6, 2006 9:46 am Date Climbed: Jul 11, 2005

Bad conditions  Sucess!

Climbed at great weather, but as it snowed the whole night before the complete ridge was iced.
So it was a hard fight to reach the top!
At that day we were the only one who reached the top!

Claude Mauguier - May 17, 2005 8:21 am

Route Climbed: normal from glacier Blanc Date Climbed: aug 1980  Sucess!

Fine weather, after an ugly night in Ecrins hut (room for 120, but 300 persons were present...!). I should have choosen a bivouac on the flat medium glacier, like the 159th Alpine Battalion, whose soldiers had a quiet night !

hoorickj

hoorickj - Sep 12, 2004 11:50 am

Route Climbed: SW Date Climbed: 11 sep 2004

Climbed as alternative to the Dome de Neige, as the guides thought the weather was too bad. Nice trip, with a beautiful view (weather turned out fine after all)

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'Roche Faurio' main page