Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 53.16653°N / 117.92295°W
Additional Information County: Jasper National Park
Activities Activities: Big Wall, Scrambling
Seasons Season: Summer, Fall
Additional Information Elevation: 7598 ft / 2316 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Roche Miette is one of Jasper's most recogniseable mountains along the Yellowhead Highway. Being quite far east, this mountain's cliff is one of the first sights a traveller will see upon entering the park from the east. Its daunting north face will taunt any adventurous soul.

Not everyone has the capability of climbing such a face, however. But there is a scrambling route around the eastern flank that allows a novice scrambler to check this peak off of his or her list.

Getting There

As is stated in the Scrambles In The Canadian Rockies guidebook by Alan Kane, you want to park in an unmarked gravel road access on the south side of highway 16. This access is 40 km northeast of Jasper townsite, or 3.5 km southwest west of Pocahontas. Park right by the gate blocking the road, and head in.

See the scramble route description for further information on finding the right path.

Red Tape

Staying in Jasper National Park does require a fee. Find the most up to date information on their website at http://www.pc.gc.ca/pn-np/ab/jasper/visit/tarifs_fees_E.asp?park=3 .

Camping

There are a number of campgrounds and lodges in the area, such as Pocahontas or Snaring Campground.

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.