Rocky conditions on Wolverine.

Rocky conditions on Wolverine.

Decided to try and hit up some of the central Wasatch back country. Still not enough snow up there! Loads of rocks, some exposed, some hidden. This is at the summit of Mt. Wolverine above Alta and Brighton, Utah, looking down Little Cottonwood Canyon. Notice all the crap smog in the Salt Lake Valley distant! It was nice to get out of the "thick" of it without a doubt. 12-17-2011.
Wasatch Summits
on Dec 17, 2011 11:25 pm
Image ID: 766137

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-2 of 2
lcarreau

lcarreau - Dec 18, 2011 10:30 pm - Voted 10/10

Lack of snow ..

Must be a "La Nina" year.

At least you were able to rise out of the
crappy carbon monoxide cloud - must be from
folks running circles with their SUVs in search of the perfect holiday gift.

Wasatch Summits

Wasatch Summits - Dec 18, 2011 10:49 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Lack of snow ..

Funny thing is while I was up there taking this picture, the temp was around 38 degrees, warm! Could have had a picnic on the summit!

I've been wanting more snow to get the chance to use those skis more. If the opportunity was there I'd hit those ridges and peaks every day, all day, and let the mountain bikes hibernate for a while. If this year was anything like last year though, it'll be ski season in June.

That inversion is something else! On the way down Big Cottonwood Canyon from this one it was like descending into hell. The ceiling of all the inversion seems to be hovering at about 6,000 + feet. Gross stuff indeed, it smells like an old folks home...

Viewing: 1-2 of 2