Rope Story 02

About to abseil... in Massif des Ecrins.


Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-6 of 6

VaughnH - Jan 22, 2007 3:27 am - Voted 10/10

Never seen that rappeling device

Is it in common use ?


Andino - Jan 27, 2007 5:10 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Never seen that rappeling device


Yes to secure yourself.
You clip the sling on your harness, and in parallel, you use an abseiling device to get down.


julesblaidd - Jul 10, 2007 2:47 pm - Voted 10/10

Its name is...

...french prussik. I thought I have to tell it.
Don't you use it with locking carabiner ?
:-) Anyway it is very good picture and thanks for attaching !


Andino - Jul 11, 2007 2:59 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Its name is...

We call it "Machard" in France.
It is supposedly better with a locking carabiner indeed. But with an express you have more space to move around.
Thanks !


bijan_tango - Jul 22, 2007 1:41 pm - Hasn't voted

self-jam knot

well this special type of knot is called marshal has one-way lock ability.prussik in the other hand has two way locking ability but has less grip than marshal.if use a carabiner with it the carabiner SHOULD NOT be used as a load holder.and to get the best grip you should use 4 turn on the main rope.less or more turns would cause decrease in knot`s grip.


julesblaidd - Jun 10, 2009 3:59 am - Voted 10/10

Re: self-jam knot

Thanks for your useful comment !!!

Viewing: 1-6 of 6