Rosszahn Pass and Tierser Alpl

Rosszahn Pass and Tierser Alpl

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.51160°N / 11.57600°E
Additional Information Route Type: Hike
Additional Information Time Required: A long day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-Up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


Leave the parking lot at Hotel Seiser Alm (fee) in the direction of Hotel Goldknopf (Punta d'Oro). There you need to decide whether you want to climb to Rosszähne (through the Rosszahn Pass) or take the even longer way along the dirt road that finally leads to Tierser Alpl where both trails combine. The duration for both trails is similar and both are breathtaking in their views. You probably need to do them both :-))

Route Description


Altitude Gain: 1000m
Duration: 4-5h
Trailhead: Parking Lot at hotel Seiser Alm

In my opinion the longest but most beautiful trail. After having reached Tierser Alpl (see Approach Section) the most interesting part of the trail starts. A narrow trail heads below the southern flank of Rosszähne towards the Schlern plateau (there is a ferrata - Maximilianweg - over part of Rosszähne which you can climb as a variation). The trail runs along the top of the Tschamin Gorge into which it offers great views. Having left Roßzähne behind you the trail combines again with the ferrata and directly heads for the "Schlernhäuser" refuge along the plateau. In spring and autumn the plateau can be very moist - just like a high fen - you need to concentrate not to miss the trail.

Essential Gear


Normal hiking gear is sufficient.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.