Very creative and cute! Great picture of a beautiful animal eating it's "lichens". Is his nose real or this an artistic stroke?
The nose color is real, but I wouldn't describe it as glowing.
I hear that the nose turns red when the reindeer ingest particular sorts of mushrooms. While the reindeer halucinates from the toxins, the only visible effect to an observer is the red nose colour. There are many other animals which are known to knowingly ingest certain 'toxic' foods for the cerebral effects. A well known example is in Australia where dogs are known to actively lick the backs of cane toads. Giraffe livers are also popular for the same reason.