Safe Route

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 37.19400°N / 121.883°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking, Scrambling
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Difficulty: Class 3
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

Directly across from the gate to get into the Guadalupe Resevoir area off of Hicks Road there is a hole that has been cut in the barbed wire. This is the starting point of the hike. It's pretty clearly visible but could be slightly hard to find.

Route Description

Once you get through the fence there is a trail that after a few yards splits into a couple different trails. Start off on one of the trails heading more towards the direction of the rock. After 50 yards you will be in the more foresty part. The trail becomes hard to distinguish but as long as you head in the direction of the rock you will end up in the right place. Even though the rock isn't visible at all time it is still very easy to know where it is because of the shortness of it's distance from the road. Once you get near the rock there will be a small clearing and a dirt road. Follow the road towards the rock and it will be visible within ten seconds.

Essential Gear

Bring water and some long clothes. You may have to walk through some narrow trails overgrown with minimal brush so you will want to watch out for ticks and poison oak.

Miscellaneous Info

If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.