Salamón - East summit

Salamón - East summit

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 42.58000°N / 6.31°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hike
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up medium
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


The route starts on Salamón (1070 m), as the the other route... use the same instructions the get the col.

You´ll need to turn left to the peak later an higher, because you have too go further to the East.


Route Description


Look at me onpicture above. On the right you can see our target, the East summit. Walk towards the gap between both peaks. In the photos you can see the way.

You´ll find a narrow, very inclined corridor. I don´t know if someone else have used it... so I don´t know if it has a name or not. I´ll give a name: "Canaleta Ladradora", barking narrow corridor.
When you´ll reach its top you´ll be not fur from the summit. Just go up walking up. The way it´s clear and intuitive. It´s the zone in the picture where Roni (the boxer dog) is looking at me.

Well done! You are on the top!
You´ll see the other Llerenes peak, the West one, higher, not very much. Roni and my friend Luis shares the photo with the West peak, the most visited one.
Luis thinks it´s possible to cross from one to the other.... I´m not sure...

We both discovered the route... we didn´t know about it. In fact we are trying to get the other peak which it´s deffinitly easier.
In my oppinion, I´m not an expert, it could be extremely difficult with bad weather... and dangerous with frozen snow.
Take all your winter equipment with you: crampons and ice-axe essential.


Essential Gear


Gaiters, crampons and an ice-axe are a must on winter, but the gear required is not very different from the rest of the mountains arround (except Picos de Europa maybe).

Have a look at the weather forecast to choose a proper clothes but remember the weather can change quickly.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

LlerenesRoutes