San Gabriel Peak (6,161 ft.), San Gabriel Mountains

San Gabriel Peak (6,161 ft.), San Gabriel Mountains

A view of San Gabriel Peak in Southern California's San Gabriel Mountains from the Mt. Lowe Fire Road Sept. 16, 2006.
Augie Medina
on Sep 17, 2006 11:21 pm
Image Type(s): Informational
Image ID: 226825

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-4 of 4
rmac10

rmac10 - Dec 13, 2006 1:54 am - Hasn't voted

Nice spot for a wedding

I was married on this peak (6161 ft) November 29th, 1987. We had 40 friends come up with us. It was an exceptional day--Mt. Whitney was visible over Mill Creek Summit, and 180 degrees south, waves could be seen breaking on Huntington Beach.

Augie Medina

Augie Medina - Dec 13, 2006 2:12 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice spot for a wedding

Thanks for sharing that. That is just awesome. Happy 19th anniversary! I've been on the summit numerous times in the past few years, but have never come close to the views you describe. Great story.

SubalpineSam

SubalpineSam - Sep 1, 2007 1:04 am - Hasn't voted

My son's namesake

I moved away from Southern California 5 years ago. My wife agreed that we could give our son (born last year) the middle name Gabriel after this peak and range. So while she was pregnant with him I had the opportunity to fly down and bag the peak in his honor. I can't wait to take him hiking up here.

Augie Medina

Augie Medina - Sep 1, 2007 10:25 am - Hasn't voted

Re: My son's namesake

Wow! This peak seems to have a strong connection with family values. Thanks for your note. That's very cool to name your son for the peak and range. Next time I lead a group up there I'll relate your story. Of course, you don't have to wait until he can hike to take him to the peak-just strap him to your back!

Viewing: 1-4 of 4