Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Travis_

Travis_ - Nov 29, 2007 2:04 pm - Voted 10/10

Excellent

Excellent Trip Report Augie. I guess at the time I did not take into consideration your reduced reach when leading some of the 3rd and 4th class sections, sorry.

Plus I need to give the credit to conceiving this route to Bob Burd and his Trip report.

Finally, if anyone wants the GPS track to download they can download ours here.

Travis

Augie Medina

Augie Medina - Nov 29, 2007 2:30 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Excellent

I don't think the "reach" issue should be a concern for a leader when moving ahead of experienced climbers/scramblers. It probably would be if you were in front of a newbie or someone with fear of heights. I just mentioned it because of having to be creative in finding footholds other than the ones you could reach in one step. But I definitely think that was part of the fun!

bechtt

bechtt - Nov 29, 2007 10:53 pm - Voted 10/10

Wow

Sounds like a great time -- wish I would have gone. Travis makes me go to those brushy brown hills in the SGs instead of an exciting hike like this one.

Augie Medina

Augie Medina - Nov 30, 2007 10:44 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Wow

There's a lot of nice canyons we need to do in those bushy brown hills; but Travis first needs to get another harness.

Alex Wood

Alex Wood - Jan 31, 2009 3:30 pm - Voted 10/10

Nice Trip Report

how much exposure was there on Cornell? I am looking at going up to do that peak soon and was curious.

Augie Medina

Augie Medina - Feb 1, 2009 1:06 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice Trip Report

I would characterize it as modest exposure the way we went up the south slope. The rock was nice to scramble on.

Augie

vmatloff - Jul 30, 2012 3:31 pm - Hasn't voted

GREAT TRIP!

Was that a bear paw print on Drury? This looks like a great loop, plus you get a tram ride out of the deal!
I want to do this trip with some friends. We recently did 8 peaks across San G. Can I download the track from somewhere, or can you send it to me? victor@matloffandassociates.com
Great trip!

Augie Medina

Augie Medina - Jul 30, 2012 5:23 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: GREAT TRIP!

Pretty sure it was a bear paw. I don't have the GPS track because it was on Travis's unit, but he still may have it( his SP name is Travis). Ask him. Yep, you'd really enjoy this loop.

Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Return to 'San Jacinto 7 Peak Jaunt' main page