Sangan Waterfall and pahne hesar peak

Sangan Waterfall and pahne hesar peak

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Alpine Climbing

Introducing

Sangan Waterfall Location:
Tehran-Iran
With a height of 60 m, Sangan Waterfall is one of the more beautiful waterfalls in the Central Alborz Mountains of northern Iran. This waterfall sits at an elevation of 2700 m near Sangan Bala Village.

In winter, dripping water creates an ice stalagmite at the base of the waterfall. This stalagmite usually reaches a height of 40 m. Although the ice stalagmite is sometimes climbed, this is generally not recommended due to the danger of falling ice from above.

During the summer months, lack of rainfall can significantly reduce the water flow. The waterfall will obviously be most impressive after heavy rains in spring and Autumn.

Sangan Waterfall used to be a 3 hour hike from Sangan Bala Village. Due to the construction of a new road this hike has (unfortunately) been reduced to only one hour!!!

When Climb

If you want to see the Ice Waterfall best time is middle of winter.
in other times you can climb to pahne hesar peak.

Directions to Sangan Waterfall:

Tehran-Shahran-Koohsar Blvd.-Emamzadeh Davood Rd.-Sangan 3 way to Sangan Payin Village-Sangan Bala Village-Sangan Waterfall

Pahne Hesar Peak 3300 m:

Sangan Waterfall sits on one of the routes to the summit of Pahne Hesar Peak. This peak is usually climbed via one of the following two routes:

1) From Sangan Waterfall, find the ridgeline on the right and follow it up to gain the crest of another ridgeline (This ridgeline is more gently sloped than the other nearby ridgelines). You will come across several other routes here. One goes to Emamzadeh Bibi and one to the Khor Village on Chalus Rd. Turn left and follow the ridgetop to the summit.
2) From Khor Village via Chalus Rd. This route will not take you to the Sangan Waterfall.

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Romuald Kosina

Romuald Kosina - Jan 20, 2010 10:40 am - Hasn't voted

It is...

Hi!!!
It is for me an astonishing case that you attached here, in SP, so poor album.
I think it is not possible to vote positively such an album.
I my opinion any SP album ought to comprise at least 15 pictures and some introductory info.
Kind regards &
cheers!!!
Romek

massouditm

massouditm - Jan 30, 2010 7:24 am - Hasn't voted

Re: It is...

Hi My dear Friend...
at first i should tell you that Im newbie in SP and i want your help to unpoor my page.
I want to thanx for your helpfull comment and for visiting this page.
if you have more offer please tell me!
thanx again

Romuald Kosina

Romuald Kosina - Jan 30, 2010 8:34 am - Hasn't voted

Re: It is...

Hi Friend!!!
My critique is directed only (!!!) to the album, not to you :-)
I am open to help anybody :-)
Only the time is a barrier :-(
With kind regards!!! :-)
Romek

massouditm

massouditm - Feb 7, 2010 4:25 am - Hasn't voted

Re: It is...

hi again.
thank you.
i know whats your idea.

Viewing: 1-4 of 4


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.