Viewing: 1-4 of 4
imontop

imontop - May 14, 2010 10:18 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Is Sardine Peak....

...and a lake of stew, and of whiskey too....at the big rock candy mountain. I know, it sounds like this peak was named by sheep herders.

Fleshj27

Fleshj27 - Jul 16, 2011 8:32 pm - Voted 10/10

Just Came off Sardine

Hey..great webpage! Just came off of Sardine and noticed a couple of things. First, I think they've finally completed the trail to Wheeler that goes right past Sardine. Second, I've never seen the dirt road to Maples open and it doesn't look like anyone has driven on it...I think the road is closed and you always have to park in the lower snowbasin parking lot.

imontop

imontop - Jul 16, 2011 11:22 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Just Came off Sardine

Thats interesting. So, did you have to just walk down the road to Maples? That road used to be open, but it's been 15 yrs since I drove it. I guess I need to get up on that peak in the summer, and see what the trail over to Wheeler looks like.

Fleshj27

Fleshj27 - Jul 18, 2011 4:35 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Just Came off Sardine

I just started going up there last year...never seen the road open and someone told me they've had it closed for a couple of years. I always park in the snowbasin parking lot.

On the trail to Sardine, I think they've opened the trail going past Sardine last year; it's a nice/new trail. I noticed the USFS is cutting a trail that goes all the way around the summit...Still no trail to the top. The scrub was less thick on the southwest corner and that's how we bushwacked.

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Return to 'Sardine Peak (UT)' main page