Viewing: 1-11 of 11
vancouver islander

vancouver islander - Feb 12, 2010 11:15 am - Voted 10/10

Great story

and super pictures. I wish you'd been able to include shots of the crux moves at the Gap - but understand that you were a little preoccupied with other things :)

Thanks so much for sharing this.

Cheers, Martin

nattfodd

nattfodd - Feb 12, 2010 11:21 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Great story

I'm glad you enjoyed it. There are quite a few photos of the gap already on SP, see e.g. here, there and there.

EricChu

EricChu - Feb 12, 2010 12:35 pm - Voted 10/10

Great trip report!

Very enjoyable to read - and you added very good photos to it!
Cheers,
Eric

nattfodd

nattfodd - Feb 14, 2010 4:13 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Great trip report!

Glad you liked it. It was a bit of a challenge to take pictures on this climb, so I'm glad some turned out ok.

asmrz

asmrz - Feb 14, 2010 12:28 pm - Voted 10/10

Good read-great photos

Having just flown back to California from Tyndrum and Glencoe, I read your TR with a lot of interest. The Highlands are a magical place, so many great climbs, so much beauty. Thank you for writing about it and posting these great pictures. Cheers and good climbing, Alois.

nattfodd

nattfodd - Feb 14, 2010 4:24 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Good read-great photos

Yes, Scotland is a pretty unique place that I am looking forward to exploring much more!

nattfodd

nattfodd - Feb 15, 2010 3:56 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Did you...

These days I alternate between taking the DSLR and taking the smaller Olympus Pen E-P1. The Tower Ridge pictures were shot with the pen and the Buachaille ones with the D90.

dmiki

dmiki - Feb 22, 2010 1:29 am - Voted 10/10

What does...

...'gobbies' mean in the text? (We spent a week of amazing climbing in Indian Creek (leaving me with many gobbies, a sprained ankle and a huge smile)) I presume it's not the meaning I found on urbandictionary.com ...

Is it ~'stories to tell'?

thanks

nattfodd

nattfodd - Feb 22, 2010 4:52 am - Hasn't voted

Re: What does...

It seems I misspelled it, but 'gobies' are the wounds that abrasive rock gives crack climbers who don't have flawless technique. It can range from simple red skin to purulent open wounds, and is usually extremely painful.

Nanuls

Nanuls - Sep 15, 2010 12:56 pm - Voted 10/10

Great report

Can't believe I didn't see this before, great report man!
Cheers
Dan

hiac - Apr 16, 2015 12:19 am - Hasn't voted

wow

your story and photos are super!

Viewing: 1-11 of 11
Return to 'Scottish Towers' main page