Scout Patrol Peak Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Arkitekt

Arkitekt - Jul 16, 2012 1:14 am Date Climbed: Jul 15, 2012

Revenge!  Sucess!

I had a failed attempt in March due to way too much snow and what would have been about 15 miles. It has all melted now and the summit was easily attained.
Continued on and summited Bearscout also. Bearscout was above the clouds so no views. Scout Patrol is a forested summit so views are pretty much only to the North.

CascadeCohen

CascadeCohen - Apr 1, 2012 5:53 pm Date Climbed: Dec 31, 2011

Made it  Sucess!

Went up with EastKing and Zephyr

Arkitekt

Arkitekt - Mar 25, 2012 2:57 am Date Climbed: Mar 24, 2012

Tough going

I don't often fail to rech a summit but on the day, this was too much for me. The bottom roads were snowed in which made a ~8 mile RT snowshoe trip into a nearly 13 mile trek. That wasn't what killed it. It was the sinking in 4-12" with every step that did me in. I made it to about 3900 feet but The last ~900 were not to be done.
I'm usually a fast hiker but we began this hike at 9:30 am and didn't get back to the car until 7:30 pm. I will be returning to take my revenge.

Redwic

Redwic - Jan 2, 2012 9:06 am Date Climbed: Jan 1, 2012

Almost Blew Us Over!  Sucess!

Bryan and I used a more direct route than the standard approach, rejoining the road system up on higher slopes. Easterly 50-60 MPH winds were almost knocking us down during the upper ascent. Good views from the summit. A lot of open slopes leading to the ridgetop; monitor avalanche conditions.

EastKing

EastKing - Dec 31, 2011 10:08 pm Date Climbed: Dec 31, 2011

Followed the road all the way up  Sucess!

The last 200 feet was a cool snowclimb up through some larger trees. Views were surprisingly decent up top. Some 4X4 illegally drove most of the way up which made it much easier for us to summit but hurt some of the natural beauty.

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'Scout Patrol Peak' main page