Sentiero Bruno Bozzetto

Sentiero Bruno Bozzetto

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.25050°N / 10.80300°E
Additional Information Route Type: Via Ferrata
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Difficulty: Easy Via Ferrata
Sign the Climber's Log

Classification


Starting Point : Pradalago - 2082m
Ending Point : Unnamed Pass between Monte Zelèdria and Monte Nambin - 2411m
Highest Point : Monte Zelèdria - 2426m
time requested : 2 h 30min one way
signs : 367
Difficulty : easy
Hardness : low
Exposure : low

Approach


Take the Brenner Motorway A22 to the exit Bozen (Bolzano) South where you take S38 in direction of Meran (Merano) for a short way. Get off on S42 in the direction of Eppian (Appiano) and on to Mendelpass (Passo di Mendola). Drive down from the pass and stay on the road until Dimaro.

In Dimaro turn left on SS239. This road climbs to Passo Campo Carlo Magno and on to Madonna di Campiglio. From Madonna di Campiglio you can take the cablecar to Pradalago

Route Description


Seen from Madonna di Campiglio Sentiero Bozzetto is actually on the other (western) side of Monte Zelèdria, meaning you have to traverse the summit to reach the Sentiero. Therefore this overview will describe the scramble to the top of Zelèdria and a little further on to the unnamed pass between Monte Zelèdria and Monte Nambin. Sentiero Bozetti is an easy ferrata which is ideal for beginners or as a warmup for more difficult aspirations on the Brenta ferrate just across Val Rendena.

First of all, after you leave the upper station of the Pradalago cablecar, head for the trail signed 226 which takes you to the eastern ridge of Zelèdria. A steep ascent starts that winds it way along the ridge to the top of the mountain without any difficulties. There are no climbing patches whatsoever on this part of the route.

Once you have reached the summit (and enjoyed the views of Brenta and the nearby Cevedale Ortler Group) you start the descent to the other (western side). At the beginning of Sentiero Bozzetto you are warned to strap on your ferrata gear and then the fun starts. The ferrata scrambles along both sides of the western ridge of Monte Zelèdria and heads for the pass in front of Monte Nambin. It offers great views down into the Nambino valley with Lago Nambino and also towards Madonna di Campiglio. All “difficult” stretches on this trail are secured by cables and I must say that I have only once seen a ferrata that was in better shape: the ferrata to Grand Chenalette and Pointe de Drône. The cables and ladders are new and fastened securely into the rock.

Once in the pass you can decide whether to head onwards to Lago Serodoli from where you can return to the cablecar at Pradalago. The better alternative is to turn north in the direction of the 3 Laghi, then onwards to Lago Alto and Lago delle Malghette. From here get down to Passo Campo Carlo Magno on foot or take the panoramic trail back to Pradalago and the cablecar. Needless to say that you can do the tour in the opposite direction.

Essential Gear


Usual hiking gear is sufficient. If you are a ferrata beginner it is useful to bring harness and a ferrata set (two short ropes and biners) to secure yourself.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.