somewhere had some good weather (or at least decent). We should have come to Smith on Saturday and tried St. Helens yesterday. As it was, we got to about 7500 on St Helens before high winds and whiteout made us retreat. Spent most of yesterday watching football and hit the climbing gym.
You think we have a shot in hell at North Sister this weekend?
after reading your comments on St. Helens attempt, my thoughts are that most likely alpine stuff is off for this weekend. That part about postholing to your waist in snow drifts was depressing to read.... :)
From our point of view, hitting N. Sister this weekend is "risky" in the sense that it might just end up being a nice hike to the base - no climbing (and we'll be out of the climbing loop for next 3 wknds. since we have family coming to town ). We might do some more cragging this upcoming weekend. how are you leaning on the N. Sister decision now?
yeah, smith weather was excellent on Saturday and OK on Sunday though it did drizzle on us at about 6pm as we were hiking back to the car.
I was leaning against N Sis until I saw the forecast for this week in the area. Looks beautiful. But, if all back out, then I would not consider it solo. Wasn't going to decide until later this week. But, Rock Creek Butte sounded good in the alternative. I hadn't heard back from Bob or Dennis that they changed their minds though.
Who knows. I want to get out and do something though. Glad you guys at least got out to Smith. Cool pics.
Still trying to decide what to do with this weekend. Would like to get a few pitches in but we'll see what the weather has in mind.
Cool photo. Sounds like a nice time. I've been going to Vantage quite a bit recently to escape the mountain weather too. Going again tomorrow.