Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 44.57440°N / 9.14980°E
Additional Information Elevation: 5239 ft / 1597 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

At the moment when you put your feet on the top, there isn’t any gladness explosion.
It mean that the happiness don’t exist?
It exist when all is so far, in front of you…
when you are near the objective, at one step from your dream…
This’s the moment to feel a happiness.
I speak of summit, but the happiness in mountain is composed by different little things : to jump a obstacle, a magic panorama, a blue sky without clouds…
When i am at the base of mountain, during the return at home, if i see the summit, i think : “I was up there!” and i feel a great joy!

Jerzy Kukuczka, K2 expedition, 1986



Will there be a little reason if many people climb this mountain ?
The discovery of ours summits...



The West wall of Antola in Fall

Monte Antola is a summit of the Ligurian Apennine, and the top ( 1597 mt ) is between the Piedmontese – Ligurian boundary.
Three ridges ( North-East, West , South ) sign the main path to climb Antola.
All the mountain is covered with trees, only the parts near the top are covered only with grass.
Antola is a important mountain and many people, simple walkers and serious excursionists want reach the top.
At 1597 mt and with a sunny day, a magnificent view is assure. At South, the Ligurian see, the first mountain of Corse, the West Coast of Liguria as far as Albenga and Alassio.
At North the Alps : Mont Blanc ( 4810 mt ), Matterhorn ( 4478 mt ) and the big wall of Monte Rosa ( 4633 mt ) appears as white clouds. I can recommend a binocular.
Another mountain near Antola is Carmo ( 1642 mt ) and Monte Buio ( 1402 mt ).

Getting There

THE EAST RIDGE
To reach by car the starting point for Antola, exit at Vignole – Arquata toolgate and follow the road sign to Vignole Borbera, Borghetto Borbera, Cantalupo Ligure, Albera Ligure, Cabella Ligure, Carrega Ligure, Capanne di Carrega at 1367 mt and stop here the car..
If you come from Genova, is possible to find a normal route, to go out the Busalla toolgate and follow the road sign to Casella, Montoggio, Laccio, Torriglia, Propata, Casa del Romano, Capanne di Carrega
Both the ways you are at the starting point to normal route sign with a two yellow circles. The path start on the West before that the asphalt route going down at the boundary Genova - Alessandria district.

THE SOUTH RIDGE
The way start at Torriglia ( 764 mt ). Exit at Busalla toolgate and follow the road sign to Casella, Montoggio, Laccio, Torriglia. The path is marked with two yellow circles.

THE WEST RIDGE
The way start at Vallenzona ( 723 mt ). exit at Busalla toolgate and follow the road sign to Crocefieschi, Vobbia, Vallenzona. The path is marked with one yellow square.
Another way start at Crocefieschi ( 741 mt ) but is possible continue the asphalt route with a car at Passo dell’Incisa ( 1070 mt ) to go out at Busalla toolgate. The path is marked with two yellow horizontal lines.

Itinerary

THE EAST RIDGE
This is the normal route. A long path ( 7 km ) on watershed which climb with a easily slope; the way pass by woods and wide spaces. Only after Monte Tre Croci, the way became more difficult. The final attack at top of Antola is a pebbly way and the steepness increase for a brief trait ( 10 minutes ). The wood end and the path, only rocks and low grass, climb to the cross at 1597 mt.
_______________________

THE TWO SOUTH EAST ROUTES

Refuges

Basecamp to climbing Antola is refuge Casa Del Romano 1406 mt. 1 Star.



Address Località Casa del Romano, 62 - 16020 Fascia (GE) - Liguria
Tel (+39) 010/95946


From 2006 a new refuge (Italian Article and 2 photos) was born at 1549 mt under a top of Antola.
30 beds. Electric power with solar panels.
Contact : rifugio.antola@alice.it




Top

The Top of Antola is place at 1597 mt and any path you have climb, the sensations here are amazing!
Is possible that the vision of a great cross at top ( I think 10 mt in height ), a wonderful panorama and the tiredness influence the vote, but there is the sensation of a height mountain.
Only here is possible to see the artificial lake of Brugneto, very important water reserve of Genova.
The wind always wild and strong touch the top, the cross, a pyramid and our hearts.

Natural Park

Many sign-board in the zone near Antola inform the tourist that here there is a great natural park. Many selvatic animals live here: Foxs, deers and wild-boars.
Among the meadows near Antola there are many cows.

Meteo WebCam

From IL METEO.IT
Propata ( GE ) Torriglia ( GE ) Fascia ( GE )

Carrega Ligure ( AL )


* * * New * * *
WebCam Rifugio Antola

Flora

The colour of nature can always enrapture our minds!!

Acknowledgements

I thank Raffaella & Sergio and Daniele for the success of this page!

802 hits at 21 July 2007

External Links

White as the Alps!

Antola in a magic sequences in winter



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Ligurian ApennineMountains & Rocks