C-2 Approach

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 38.72500°N / 109.292°W
Additional Information Route Type: Approach with 5.2 pitch
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: 5.2
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

The Onion Creek Road also branches east from Highway 128 just west of the Fisher Towers Road and beween mile markers 20 and 21. The Onion Creek Road is one of the most facinating drives in the world and can be rough in places. The road crosses he creek many times, but in good weather, most cars can be driven to the trailhead if you drive slow. Drive up Onion Creek through the narrow canyon section with many towers. Park at the first major canyon coming in from the north. The trailhead is not marked in any way, nor is there a real trail here.

 C  Approach and Descent RoutesThese are the "C" ascent and descent approach routes to the Fisher Towers.

Route Description

The C-2 approach is another fun route, and slightly easier than the C-1 approach. Most of the route is class two to four, with one class 5.2 move at the very top of the approach route.

From the Onion Creek Trailhead, scramble down into the drainage. Follow the canyon north for .75 miles to a junction. The left canyon is C-1. Follow the drainage up C-1. The first right-hand canyon is C-2. Turn right and follow the C-2 drainage .2 miles up to the Fisher Towers Bench. There are several obstacles and the most difficult one is right at the head of the drainage. C-2 accesses the same towers as C-1. The head of C-1 is .25 miles NW of the head of C-2. C-2 contains some fantastically sculpted walls and is a very scenic route.


Essential Gear

A 100 foot (30 meters) climbing rope, harness, and a full rack will be more than enough.

Miscellaneous Info

If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.