Normal route over the SW slopes

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.45000°N / 14.22000°E
Additional Information Route Type: Scramble, climbing
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up and easy climbing
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


From Ljubelj pass, the border between Slovenia and Austria you will ascend below the north face and slopes of Begunjscica on the Dom na Zelenici (hut) (1536m). You can reach the hut over the skiing slopes or over the macadam road in the forest.

Route Description



The SW slopes and face of the Palec.

From the Zelenica hut you follow the marked route to the start of the hunting route that goes in the basin Suho rusevje. This is the basin below the NE face of Vrtaca (2180m), SE face of Zelenjak (2024m) and SW face and slopes of Palec (2026m). You walk over the hardly followed route thorugh the dwarf pine and by big rocks. Soon the landscape change and you walk now over the screes and you follow the best walked routes.

It is the best that you choose the routes that go below the SW face of Palec and that routes bring you on the pass Zleb on the west side of the Palec. From here you follow the unmarked route in the SW face (slopes) of the Palec and then you cross the slopes and come on the SE ridge and over it to the top of Palec. On some place you must climb a little but it is not too hard.

You descend by the same route.

a ----> Down you can see the pass Zleb and up the W-SW face and slopes of Palec.


Essential Gear


Good hiking shoes, rope for not good climbers.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.